Control: tags -1 + confirmed

Hi, folks.

I'm the new maintainer of devtodo and would appreciate an assistance of the
debian-legal on the license matter. As noted, devtodo is licensed under
GPL-2 only, although there is no boilerplate copyright on the source files.

Taking this into consideration, would a public mail from the upstream to
this bug be enough to change the license to GPL-2+? Or it would be necessary
to add the boilerplate to all source files indicating GPL-2+ licensing?

I would rather first solve this problem in the upstream instead of dealing
with it in the packaging.

Thanks in advance,
Carlos (Charles)