Hi Andreas,

I've pushed a tiny fix to one patch so that wigeon runs - not sure why
it was like that in the first place.

I'm not sure what was supposed to be happening with the symlinks but it
makes sense to me that the individual packages install lower-case
executables and the microbiomeutil package adds
ChimeraSlayer,WigeoN,NAST-iEr to match the the names in the docs.

I'm not sure what the shell wrapper script is up to, though.  It just
gives me an error:

Expected '/usr/share/microbiomeutil/WigeoN' to be executable.
/usr/bin/WigeoN: 11: exit: Illegal number: -1

I didn't write this script.  Is it Steffen's?  It seems like a
complicated way to go about running three executables.  Can't we just
drop in three symlinks (/usr/bin/WigeoN -> wigeon) etc. and have done
with it, do you think?

Most of the Lintian warnings seem to be about the Changelog.  You want
to start at a pristine "-1" release while I want to preserve my history
in Bio-Linux so I'm not sure what you want to do about that.

Regarding UChime:

There are several chimera detection methods and ChimeraSlayer is
probably not the best of them, but it is still one that people use in
standard protocols.  UChime is actually in Debian as it currently sneaks
in as a binary in the Mothur package.  Normally you'd remove it from
there and package the upstream source, but the authors of UChime say
they will not be releasing any changes as they are committed to their
non-free version.  Mothur on the other hand is an active project with
new releases so I'd say you're more likely to see fixes appearing in the
Mothur source.  So on this basis maybe uchime should be a separate
package but it should still build out of the Mothur source.  Does that
make sense?

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbo...@ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England