Dear Andreas,

On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 at 14:00 Andreas Tille <andr...@an3as.eu> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 01, 2018 at 11:49:09AM +0200, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> > Has something remained to be done except for testsuite?
>
> Yes, and an ITP bug.
>
> Apropos ITP bug:  Since I'm pretty lazy

I do not believe in it! :-D

> I wrote a small script which is
> in the dh-r git repository[1].  So you do the following:  Go to your
> the repository with your prepared packaging stuff and call
>
>     <PATH_TO_Script>/itp_from_debian_dir
>
> which generates the output you need to paste.  Then you do:
>

> $ reportbug --no-check wnpp
>
> 1  (for ITP)
> anything (package name comes later)
> anything (package description comes later
> first_line_of_script_output (the team that maintains the package
> <ENTER>
> Remove all text and copy everything else from the script after
> the second empty line.  (First line should be "Subject ...")

Thanks a lot for the instructions!

I have finally succeeded in reporting an ITP bug [1]! Not from the first
try: some packages that had to be installed by default were absent on my
system (my fault) (exim4 is one of them). It took time to understand the
problem, as the reportbug was not providing any error message in this case.

With regards,
Liubov

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=900752