Hi Tony,

On 23.05.20 20:51, Tony Travis wrote:
On 13/04/2019 06:01, Andreas Tille wrote:
On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 02:31:53PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 12:00:29PM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
It tries to switch from different environments and fails at default
one
which is /usr (no write access)

I think tests calling self.basic_posix should be disabled in
test_activate.py

Done and pushed - feel free to change it yourself in case you want to
make further changes.

Any more hints for the remaining test failures?

Hi, Andreas.

After reading Steffen's message about "conda" on the Wiki, I cloned
your version from:

https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/conda

In the course of trying to work out how to build and install "conda" I
came across the "anaconda"RPM and Debian Repositories for Miniconda:

https://conda.io/projects/conda/en/latest/user-guide/install/rpm-debian.html

I added the "anaconda" Debian repository on my computer "sei" and
installed the "conda" package without any issues under Ubuntu-MATE
18.04 LTS - It provides an up-to-date "conda":

root@sei:~# source /opt/conda/etc/profile.d/conda.sh
root@sei:~# which -a conda
/opt/conda/condabin/conda
root@sei:~# conda -V
conda 4.8.3

Does this make us packaging "conda" for Debian-Med redundant?

I don't know, yet. It likely would if this was a regular Debian
repository that this would be installed from, not from below conda.io.
And I need to look what exactly "rpm-Debian" means. But we can certainly
learn from it.

Many thanks for the pointer!!!!

Steffen