On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 22:23:20 +0100, Étienne Mollier wrote:

> As the purpose of the package is to fetch resources on the web,
> I did something better described by the following commit[1].
>
> [1]
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libbio-db-ncbihelper-perl/-/commit/bde35697e319417ae17367d51aaa868c43e1715d
>
> It looked to me like the most sensible thing to do, since the
> entire set of tests part of smoke are otherwise skipped.

I see your point, and in the end it's a matter of taste, I guess; or
a choice between two bad options:
- skipping tests and missing bugs
- enabling tests and having to deal with failures because of internet
  problems, server problems, changes in returned data etc.

Having seen too much of the latter, I prefer the former but as I
said, that's not the only option :)

I still think that NO_NETWORK_TESTING=1 should be set in debian/rules
to make sure there's no internet access attempted during the build,
as that is a policy violation.

(Sorry if that's already the case for _this_ package, I might confuse
the 3 libbio.*-perl packages I looked at today and which all have a
similar situation.)

As a side note to the autopkg-tests: The "heavy" tests don't exists,
that was just an idea when we started with the framework, so you can
remove the last paragraph.

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe