[Bringing Praveen into the loop who maintains fasttrack]

Hi Steffen,

On Tue, 27 Jul, 2021, 3:32 pm Steffen Möller, <steffen_moel...@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> fastx-toolkit https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fastx-toolkit ran into a
> bug in one of its dependencies and was removed for that reason.
> ArrayExpressHTS still depends on fasta_formatter from that library.
>
> In the meantime, Pierre has fixed that bug on that dependency of
> fastx-toolkit, so I think this could go back in, right?

Sure, it could be reintroduced.

If we are concerned about taking responsibility for fastx-toolkit since
> upstream officially declared it as unsupported, then maybe this would be
> something for https://fasttrack.debian.net/

No, that's likely not the case for fasttrack. fasttrack is for packages
that will never make it to testing. If it's the case for fastx-toolkit,
then probably we go the fasttrack way

and its reverse dependencies
> like ArrayExpressHTS with it, then?

Not needed for reverse dependencies, if we push those to ofiicial
bullseye-backports

But since complicates everything, I
> would like not go that route.

Right. @Praveen, do you think it qualifies for being in fasttrack?