Am 26.09.2022 um 20:05 schrieb Andreas Tille:
Hi Maarten,

Am Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 04:45:38PM +0200 schrieb Maarten L. Hekkelman:
Dear Andreas,

The version of libcifpp in trunk at github is newer than what is in Debian,
but is already outdated. I'm in the last stage of releasing yet another,
newer version that breaks binary (and API) compatibility.

I'm not sure when I will release this newer version, but the goal is before
the end of next week.
That's a good time frame.

Thank you both!

I will create an update for the Debian version once the code is published
and all tools that depend on it are ported to the new version (should happen
in the same time frame).
Hopefully libcifpp will pass new soon.

This should all be fine if the new library gets a new soname, which
would then become part of the Debian package library name, so the old
and the new library version can get installed in parallel and the linker
links to respective version that a binary was built with.

The downside of that is that the new library version needs to pass the
new queue again, but that is typically quicker than a new submission.

Best,
Steffen