Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 08:59:17PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > I fail to see how to run configure twice, with different options in the
> > build-stamp rule and then install both into the right place in the install
> > rule (I just get identical stuff pacakged in two locations),
>
> Well, it's simple really :) Just do something like this in the build rule:
>
>         dh_testdir
>         ./configure --with-one-set-of-options
>         $(MAKE)
>         mkdir option1-build-dir
>         mv src/foo src/bar src/baz option1-build-dir
>         $(MAKE) distclean
>         ./configure --with-another-set-of-options
>         $(MAKE)
>         mkdir option2-build-dir
>         mv src/foo src/bar src/baz option2-build-dir
>         touch $@

Or how about:

        dh_testdir
        mkdir option1-build-dir
        cd option1-build-dir
        ../configure --with-one-set-of-options && $(MAKE)
        cd ..
        mkdir option2-build-dir
        cd option2-build-dir
        ../configure --with-another-set-of-options && $(MAKE)
        cd ..
        touch $@

This also preserves all of the .o files for each set of options, which takes
more disk space during the build but dramatically accelerates the process of
rebuilding for one or two source file edits.  Then the install (or binary) step
can just "$(MAKE) install DESTDIR=whatever" in each build dir.

> Of course, in the clean rule, also do
>
>         rm -rf option1-build-dir option2-build-dir

Still holds.  In fact, that and dh_clean are about all you need to do.

Zeen,

-Adam P.