On Fri, 2017-04-21 at 17:37 +0900, JungHwan Kang wrote:
> Hi,
> I was analyzing repositories of debian packages by debcheckout tool.
> I've known there are 7 types of version control system.
> (Arch, Bazzar, CVS, Darcs, Git, Mercurial, Subversion)
> My questions are below...
>
> 1 All version control systems are using actively? or moving to git
> progressively ?
>    Are there projects managed by CVS, Arch system ?

Most packaging teams are now converging to using Git. If you were to
start packaging a new piece of software, you would likely be using Git,
unless your team's policy advises otherwise.

> 2. In case of vim package, there are two repositories(git, mercurial).
>     I cloned the repository from mercurial in debian Jessie.
>     I also saw the repository of git is more active than mercurial base on a
> latest commit date.
>     Those are different versions for each of debian version?

Your answer is in the changelog.

> 3. In case of darcs package, debcheckout tried to download source code from
> Darcs repository.
>     (anonscm.debian.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi)
>  But, that failed. Because, the project doesn’t exist in the repository. Is
> this working well?

If it failed, probably the answer is no.

> 4. Some packages don't have repository(No repository found by debcheckout
> tool)
>     like acpi, alsamixergui, apg, aspell-en, autoconf.
>     Are there repositories for source code of those packages ?

If the corresponding Vcs-* fields in d/control are missing for these
packages, then the packaging work is not stored in a VCS. You may
generate one by calling `gbp import-dscs $PACKAGE` which will download
all previous uploads and record them as successive Git commits.

> If you give a answer, I'd appreciate it :)

You're welcome.

Ghis