On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 04:37:23PM +0100, Hilmar Preuße wrote:
> The part of the Debian udd database, which lists new upstream versions [1]
> prints that error message, hence there was a scan.

BTW, that's also visible here:
https://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/watch?pkg=texworks-manual

> I now tested your pattern
> using uscan from Debian stable and now get the same message as in the udd.
> After reverting back to my tags based pattern the scan works fine on stable
> & unstable.
>
> Hence I'd deduce that your pattern does only work on testing/unstable and I
> have to modify by watch file again.

that was fixed in devscripts version 2.20.5, which ftbfs in
buster-backports, which is fixed in the devscripts' git, and I'll likely
release in a few days, so it wasn't that strictly needed to do that :)

But guess it works either way.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo