Hi Manuel,

On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 05:50:53PM -0400, Manuel Guerra wrote:
>  * Package name     : baby
>    Version          : 1.0-2
>    Upstream contact : Manuel Guerra <ar.manuelgue...@gmail.com>
>  * URL              : https://github.com/manuwarfare/baby
>  * License          : GPL-3+
>  * Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/manuwarfare/baby
>    Section          : utils
>
> The source builds the following binary packages:
>
>   baby - Abbreviate long commands in terminal

The README pitch sounds interesting, but I fear there's not enough
documentation (or useful functionality) at this point for this to be useful
in Debian.

I'm afraid your packaging also has severe problems. Somehow you've included
a tarball in the (unpacked) source package as well as a binary of your
program. The latter is a no-go in Debian (main) that we'd ordinarily fix
during packaging, but since you're upstream you ought to just fix your
source package build.

Have a read of the DFSG and perhaps a friendly packaging tutorial[1].

[ I can't find a better reference for the pedantic (but necessary)
definition of what we consider source code that obviously explains that
compiled binaries are not allowed. ]

[1]: https://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#packaging-tutorial

--Daniel