On Thu, Jul 04, 2024 at 01:22:29PM +0200, Daniel Gröber wrote:
> > I'm pretty much in the same position.
> >
> > There is an RFP bug report at
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1068648
> > but got no response.
>
> RFP means "someone else please do this", you need to file an RFS if you're
> actively looking for a sponsor and want to package/maintain the package
> yourself.

I don't think they have a source package yet.

> It also looks like you didn't CC debian-devel (sending to debian-science
> instead) on the ITP

I don't think they've filed an ITP.

> In the future you might consider CC'ing debian-mentors on ITPs you want
> sponsored anyway

You don't need to CC debian-mentors on ITPs, you don't use ITPs to ask for
sponsorship and RFSes are sent to debian-mentors automatically.
Looks like you a very confused either by the abbreviations or by the
concepts.

--
WBR, wRAR