Control: tags -1 -moreinfo

Hi Phil,

Thanks again for the review.

On 10/4/24 20:27, Phil Wyett wrote:
Running lintian...
N:
I: buffybox source: no-complete-debconf-translation
N:

This was an issue with how I took translations from the proceeding two packages (osk-sdl and unl0kr). Fixed.

N:
I: buffybox source: out-of-date-standards-version 4.6.2 (released 2022-12-17)
(current is 4.7.0)

Fixed.

N:
N:
I: unl0kr: typo-in-manual-page managable manageable
[usr/share/man/man1/unl0kr.1.gz:22]
N:

I I'd prefer to handle this upstream first. It'll probably be in the next release.

3. Licenses [4]: Issue, may include false positives.

philwyett@ks-tarkin:~/Development/builder/debian/mentoring/buffybox-
3.2.0+dfsg$ lrc
en: Versions: recon 2.0  check 3.3.9-1

Parsing Source Tree  ....
Reading d/copyright  ....
Running licensecheck ....

d/copyright      | licensecheck

GPL-3+           | GPL-3             buffyboard/buffyboard.h

<snip>

These are false positives

GPL-3+           | Expat             lvgl/docs/intro/index.rst
MIT              | Expat             lvgl/env_support/rt-
thread/lv_rt_thread_conf.h
MIT              | Expat             lvgl/env_support/rt-
thread/lv_rt_thread_port.c

The from my reading MIT and Expat are different names for the same license. As the lvgl files reference MIT I've left these as-is

LKC-custom-license| BSD-2-clause      lvgl/src/libs/barcode/code128.c
LKC-custom-license| BSD-2-clause      lvgl/src/libs/barcode/code128.h
FreeType-Project-License| FTL               lvgl/src/libs/freetype/ftoption.h
BSD-3-clause     | Zlib              lvgl/src/libs/lodepng/lodepng.c
BSD-3-clause     | Zlib              lvgl/src/libs/lodepng/lodepng.h

These and a couple of others i've snipped for brevity below were true-positives that I've fixed.

5. Build Twice [sudo pbuilder build --twice <package>.dsc]: Issue

  dpkg-source --before-build .
  debian/rules clean
debconf-updatepo
  dpkg-source -b .
dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: error: unwanted binary file: debian/tmp/usr/bin/buffyboard
dpkg-source: error: unwanted binary file: debian/tmp/usr/bin/unl0kr

This was due to the `debconf-updatepo` call in d/rules dropping the actual cleanup. Fixed.

6. Reproducible builds [5]: Good

7. Install [No previous installs]: Not performed at this time.

8. Upgrade [Over previous installs if any]: N/A

Summary...

I believe buffybox is not yet ready for sponsorship at this time. Could the
contributor rectify one of more of the raised issues.

Once updated to your satisfaction and a new upload done, please remove the
'moreinfo' tag on the Request For Sponsorship (RFS) bug report.

Most of these should now be fixed.

Thanks,

Jarrah.