I asked around on the Teeworlds IRC channel, they pointed me to the following thread on thier forums:
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=957

The second post, by user matricks (matricks = copyright holder) clarifies this:

"We don't restrict selling it as a part of a bigger distribution like ubuntu and stuff like that. What we are restricting is that you can't sell just teeworlds and take money except for the media cost. This license was discussed in great length and input were taken from some fedora legal guy (can't remember the name). The SIL Open Font Licence contains a similar statement and is considered to be free by the FSF guys."

I hope this clears things up a bit.
Jack Coulter