* Jonathan McCrohan <jmccro...@gmail.com>, 2012-05-25, 01:24:
   - Add hardening-no-stackprotector override; false detection

I'd rather not add the override, but ignore the tag for the time being. hardening-no-stackprotector will be disabled in the next lintian release.

(Also: s/override/lintian override/. Otherwise it's not necessarily obvious you're talking about lintian.)

   - Update postinst to aid transition to reconf-inetd

You also removed postrm; please document that.

The postinst didn't work for me. I ended up with:

$ grep nyancat /etc/inetd.conf
#<off># telnet          stream  tcp     nowait  nobody  /usr/bin/nyancat
nyancat -t
telnet stream tcp6 nowait nobody /usr/bin/nyancat-server nyancat -t
telnet stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/bin/nyancat-server nyancat -t

What is "exit 0" in postinst for? It doesn't hurt, but it strikes me as odd.

I think it would make sense if nyancat-server had a strict versioned (= ${binary:Version}) dependency on nyancat.

--
Jakub Wilk