On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 06:10:18PM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:

> I'd guess you've usually worked through the collab-maint git repo?

Short round of "nitpicking the wrong way" ;) at what I've found in the
git repo.

1) I see no point in listing changes from 2.0.7 and that you've undone them with
2.0.8 because they're fixed in 2.0.8 upstream in the debian/changelog.
Those back and forth changes are documented in the VCS history. In my opinion
that's
enough if someone cares, because they never hit the archive anyway.

2) It's rather non-obvious that you patch the DPKG_EXPORT_BUILDFLAGS into the
upstream
makefile instead of debian/rules. Haven't seen that before and I'm not sure
what to
think of such tactics.
Anyway you have to build depend on dpkg-dev (>= 1.16.1~) because of the makefile
snippet you include.

3) I'd skip the capital letters in the short description. It's shortened to fio
everywhere else and somewhere in the dev-ref it's mentioned that it's not
sentence
and thus should not start with a capital letter.

Rest seems to be ok at a first glance, though that version jump is a bit late
in the
release cycle. :-/

Sven