Am Montag, 25. Juni 2012 schrieb Sven Hoexter:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 06:10:18PM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> > I'd guess you've usually worked through the collab-maint git repo?
>
> Short round of "nitpicking the wrong way" ;) at what I've found in the
> git repo.
>
> 1) I see no point in listing changes from 2.0.7 and that you've undone
> them with 2.0.8 because they're fixed in 2.0.8 upstream in the
> debian/changelog. Those back and forth changes are documented in the
> VCS history. In my opinion that's enough if someone cares, because
> they never hit the archive anyway.

Ok, I will remove those.

> 2) It's rather non-obvious that you patch the DPKG_EXPORT_BUILDFLAGS
> into the upstream makefile instead of debian/rules. Haven't seen that
> before and I'm not sure what to think of such tactics.
> Anyway you have to build depend on dpkg-dev (>= 1.16.1~) because of the
> makefile snippet you include.

I will change that as well. I just didnĀ“t have the idea to use
debian/rules for that. Sounds cleaner that way and I do not need an extra
patch this way.

> 3) I'd skip the capital letters in the short description. It's
> shortened to fio everywhere else and somewhere in the dev-ref it's
> mentioned that it's not sentence and thus should not start with a
> capital letter.

Fair enough.

> Rest seems to be ok at a first glance, though that version jump is a
> bit late in the release cycle. :-/

Well I already tried to get fio 2.0.7 sponsored ;).

I am using the 2.0.7 for quite a while already and think it is fine.

Thanks,