Hi folks
  you are definitely right with your answers, however, they are not
entirely answer my questions

On 07/15/15 10:29, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:

> (they
>>

>> In fact I just checked in the debhelper.
>> the dh_auto_test  target call the first running test , check target
>>
>> so if you add a make chech target, it will be executer by dh
>>

>> Now if you want to customize the target
>>
>> just
>>
>> override_du_auto_test:
>>         <cmd du run the tests>

Let me give you an example here. Let us assume we have a special target
'my_super_test' in the upstream Makefile which should be called by
dh_auto_test and let us further assume we do not want or cannot change
the upstream Makefile.
In this case I would do something like this

override_du_auto_test:
        cd <BUILDDIR> && make my_super_test

My original question was: where do I get BUILDDIR from? For instance,
when you use cmake the build directory (relative to the location where
the rules file is running) is obj-x86_64-linux-gnu. I learned this from
the output of the build process. However, this obviously depends on the
architecture. What I would like to have is a procedure which retrieves
me this information.
I stumbled upon this problem for dh_auto_test but there are maybe other
situations where this is useful.

regards
  Eugen