Hi Gianfranco,

> On 15 Oct 2015, at 10:56, Gianfranco Costamagna
> <costamagnagianfra...@yahoo.it> wrote:
>
> Hi James
>

>> I have uploaded 5.5.2-1~rc2 to mentors.
>

> please call it 5.5.2-1 and nothing more :)
> you can push the same version many times on mentors with no problems.

Changed

>> 1) Do I need to send a separate email to this then? I also filed #801793 for
>> a transition, but that has already been closed as unnecessary since there
>> are no rdeps.
>

> true, nevermind I didn't test carefully rdeps
> (so we might go directly on unstable then)

Changed to unstable

>> I hardly think linking against this static library is an issue.
>

> ok
>> 7) I have added arm64, ppc64el and ppc64
>

> what about the "any" keyword? I don't like specifying manually architectures,
> specially because it makes
> porters people angry :)
>
> porters needs a build failure instead of a build that didn't start at all,
> except when there is a good
> reason to not build on a particular architecture
> e.g. systemd on kfreebsd-* and hurd-*

Changed to "any"

>> 9) Added (libffi/msvcc.sh is MPL-1.1, GPL-2.0+ or LGPL-2.1+)
>

> wonderful
>> 11) It doesn’t seem to work without the debian/tmp/ prefix. The manpage for
>> dh_install specifically mentions falling back to debian/tmp/, but there is
>> no such >statement in dh_installman, so I believe you have to specify that
>> manually.
>

> well, no problem
>> 12) I unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright: Fixed by reordering entries
>> 13) I vcs-field-not-canonical: Changed to Vcs-Browser:
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/polyml.git/ and
>> Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/polyml.git
>> 14) W shlib-with-executable-stack: This is because libpolyml has one
>> assembly file[1] for x86 (other architectures don’t have any assembly). I
>> have added a patch under debian/patches which I have also submitted upstream
>> to fix this.
>>

>> [1] GNU as defaults to having an executable stack, unlike with GCC etc, and
>> you have to explicitly tell it to not do so. You can either do this by
>> adding the magic >'.section .note.GNU-stack, "", @progbits' statement, or by
>> passing it a command-line argument. The former is apparently generally
>> preferred (and is what libffi >does in its assembly files).
> nice to learn something new! thanks a lot
>

> I guess we are mostly ready, just go on unstable (urgency=low might be better)
> think about arch:any

Urgency changed to low (other points addressed above)

> and I guess I'll prepare the upload.
>
> cheers,
>
> G.

I have uploaded the latest version to mentors. Currently, the old maintainers
are still listed in debian/control. I’m happy to assume responsibility for bug
reports etc, so do I need to add myself to Uploaders? I don’t want to tread on
anyone’s toes though if that’s bad form.

James