On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 07:05:33PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
>   o the objinfo patch. May well be included in the next (3.08?) release
>   though.

What do tuo mean with "objinfo patch"? If you mean the patch that change
the executable name it's ok to wait for it. But if you mean the patch
that add support for native code objects (.cmx, .cmxa) why not ship it
already from 3.07?

>   o the libdir_version patch. May be included in 3.08 also, maybe
>   together with the -suffix patch which is not included here. In another
>   form though.

Does this mean that ocaml libraries will be installed back again in
/usr/lib/ocaml instead of /usr/lib/ocaml/3.07?

It's ok not to support more than one version at a time, but we had
already adopted the /usr/lib/ocaml/<version> convention. IMO is silly to
switch back to /usr/lib/ocaml again. It will be just an additional
difficulty for the users.

Thanks for your work,
Cheers.

--