Dear Molly,

On 6 September 2017 at 19:43, Molly de Blanc <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Keerthana,
>
> That all sounds great! Debian has had documentation and translation
> interns before. I think not everyone who has signed up to be a mentor (or
> who has been one) is a DD or DM. This shouldn't be a problem, as long as
> you're ready to help someone go through the process of submitting their
> work upstream (if necessary).
>
Ofcourse, I'd do my best to help

>
> There's a form / template on the projects page:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Outreachy/Round15/Projects.
>

I've created a basic plan for the project here : [1]
<https://wiki.debian.org/Outreachy/Round15/NCProjects/Improving%20Documentation%20in%20Debian#preview>

I did some initial recon and this is my project idea :

"The goal of this project is to verify and improve the documentation and
the website content in Debian. Due to its sheer size and variety, many
parts of the Debian wiki and websites are in dire need of upgrades and
fact-checking. Another goal is to create beginner-friendly docs to various
sections of the Debian project to encourage more first-time contributions. "

Essentially, I want to improve the docs and hopefully make it easier for
the first-time contributor.

>
>
> Do you want to talk a bit about your project idea and what the application
> project should be? Do you want to have a co-mentor or co-mentors?
>

Yes, since I'm very new myself it would be awesome to have someone a bit
more experienced with the documentation and websites to be a co-mentor.
I've done documentation before, but never for Debian.

Also, due to this inexperience, I wouldn't mind being a co-mentor who
supports with the writing and documentation part while someone else with
more familiarity to the Debian systems is the main mentor

>
> Thanks for reaching out. It's really cool when people who were mentored
> want to help others get involved. :)
>

It feels so great to give back in any way I can!

>
> Cheers,
> Molly
>


[1] : https://wiki.debian.org/Outreachy/Round15/NCProjects/
Improving%20Documentation%20in%20Debian#preview

Regards,
Keerthana

Reply via email to