OoO Peu avant le début de l'après-midi du mercredi 30 juillet 2003,
vers 13:59, Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> disait:

>> Section "Device"
>> Identifier   "Generic Video Card"
>> Driver               "ati"
>> Option       "AGPMode" "1"
>> #        Option      "UseFBDev" "true"

> Have you tried with this as well?

Yes, there is no image at all, unless I use the "close the lid on
startup" trick (then, the image is ok, but only on the external screen
; six months ago, I got the image on both displays).

>> Option               "MonitorLayout" "CRT,CRT"

> I suppose

>       Option  "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,CRT"

> doesn't work better?

It works better. I got an image on the LCD _and_ on the external
screen, the image on the screen is ok (no waves). The LCD uses
1024x768 and the external screen 640x480. This becomes almost
usable. :)

>> VideoRam     16384

> BTW, it's better not to specify this unless the driver misdetects the
> amount of video RAM, which is unlikely for the radeon driver. That's not
> the problem though.

OK, this works fine without it.

> This is an important part of the problem - the DDC code still doesn't
> work with the M6, so the driver has no way to determine the panel
> parameters it needs to drive it correctly.

Is there any way to hard code the params in XF86Config-4 ?

> The only chance I see for
> this to change is if someone who is prepared to build XFree86 CVS gets
> in touch with Hui Yu (provided he's willing to help with this).

I can do this but I have little experience in hardware programming.

>> (II) RADEON(0): Clone modes validation ------------
>> (WW) RADEON(0): Generic Monitor: Using default hsync range of 28.00-33.00kHz
>> (WW) RADEON(0): Generic Monitor: using default vrefresh range of
>> 43.00-72.00Hz

> BTW, you could override this with

>       Option  "CloneHSync"    "30.0-100.0"
>       Option  "CloneVRefresh" "50.0-160.0"

Thanks, I can now get 1024x768 !

No Xvideo on the "second" head however. Any workaround for this ? :)
--
BOFH excuse #20:
divide-by-zero error