The iBook g4 had a processor rating between 800 MHz and 1.42 GHz. Now, I
ran Debian on an iMac with an 800 MHz processor and a Powermac QuickSilver
with a 933 MHz processor with both having a recompiled kernel of 1000 Hz.
Unless you are running every-fucking-thing you can on your iBook, it is
fast enough for development.