On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:47:16PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Nothing at all blocks you from asking for reviews from other
> maintainers. Do it, PLEASE DO IT. The more people that do it, the
> less the rejects we have to do in NEW, the less the size of NEW. You
> do not need to redefine anything for it to happen.
>
> You know, there is one set of packages that *usually* passes NEW
> pretty fast? Thats because they do something similar to that. They
> (usually, even they have exceptions, but pretty rare) have damn good
> copyright files. (For some reason those packages end in -perl. Must
> be some policy thing i suspect).

That's really interesting to know.

What I don't get from your text is: are you aware of the extra reviews
on a per-package basis, or you just noticed that tose packages are
usually OK and then discovered that the reasons are extra reviews?

I was wondering whether we could, for instance, sign with different
keys a NEW upload to notify FTP masters about the number of people
which reviewed a given package to give you "hints" (of course
according to the reputation of the signers in term of copyright review
abilities). There might be simpler ways though.

Cheers.

z...@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/