On Mon, 08 Sep 2014, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > Let's be frank: GR is such a heavyweight process, that it's
> > impractical for overriding "small" decisions like this one.
>
> This is by design; the people who make decisions in Debian are the
> people who do the work.

Wow, so you are telling me that I am not doing work? And all the
other fellow DDs who are not listmasters, debian-project, or
whatever the current list or ranks is?

All the long list is *just*not*doing*work*? Are you serious?

So this is equal under equals...?

Go away, quickly, please!

> All it takes to start a GR is 5 DDs, and 15 DDs to meet quorum. If there
> aren't 5 DDs who are willing to make the DDs, and 15 DDs who are willing
> to vote, then it's unlikely that there was actually a majority.

You don't get the point, really, you don't *want* to I guess.

Jakub is correct: Let us look at the most recent, where I opposed.
I don't know the guy. I think he is a jerk. But I am still opposed
to the ban. But I surely won't go to the length of a GR.

And then you tell me
        the people who make decisions in Debian are the people who do the work

No, it is
        the people who make decisions in Debian are the people who
        are in power positions
That is all.

If you live in the illusion that it is different, I envy you for that.

Norbert