Le 19/05/2016 19:20, Hakan Peker a écrit :
> On 05/19/2016 06:18 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>  From a technical perspective, can we do more to prevent users being
>> surprised by packages putting new entries in /etc/apt/sources.list.d?
>>
> Please no. The system is working as intended. I don't think anybody is
> surprised after installing a 3rd party deb package and seeing it adds its apt
> repository to the system, actually they would be pleased to know that they
> won't have to manually update it later. And anybody who is uncomfortable with
> it would either disable it or not install the deb in the first place.

  Please yes.

  I built some (local) packages to easily install the same sources.list
on several machines, so I agree the feature in useful and interesting.
I named my packages like *-sources and the description is explicit.

  But I've been very suprised when I discovered that the google-earth
package installed a sources.list on my parents' computer after I
downloaded and install an application deb with dpkg.
  And even more when I see that the source is silently reinstalled when
you remove it (no respect of admin modification)

  Would it be possible to have a package that install a trigger and
advertise (debconf/mail/...) when such a change occurs? I would install
it anywhere personally.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanj...@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA