On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 01:46:36AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 7/23/19 11:59 PM, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > Big fat enormous NO!  gbp is a workaround for the biggest evil in our
> > packaging: quilt.  Watching pro-git-only talks on the Debconf, I got the
> > impression that if we dropped the VCS-in-VCS approach, there'd be no need
> > for most of that complexity.
> How do you track what you've applied in Debian, and the status of your
> patch upstream? With DEP3 patch headers in d/patches, we track this easily.

git cherry-pick to get new changes. git diff to get all changes, git log
to list changes.  You just need to know the branch point.

And nothing forces you not to use DEP3 or something similar in git.  Or
you add a file to that commit with information you need.

Bastian

--
        "... freedom ... is a worship word..."
        "It is our worship word too."