I have been a financial supporter of Debian and FSF since... 2011 at least.  I
first used emacs in... the 1980's I think it was.

Way to drive away any female supporter of Debian and Libre software generally,
Debian! I really did think you were smarter than that.

Look!  An intern, a recently completed intern or somebody on a diversity
bursary to DebConf who wants to apply for an internship CANNOT give consent to
sex.  That is why there is such a thing as statutory rape.  Thus, whether the
young lady was presented herself as willing or whether she was willing in any
other sense, if she was there for those economic reasons, she CANNOT have given
consent to sex, so the sex MUST have been rape as legally defined.

Some of these women are very smart, smarter than many of the men here, but they
still come from a whole different world economically.

Consent is an important concept.  People were so pedantic about definitions of
consent in the recent FSF scandal.  Why is Debian so blind to this?

If Debian mentors are too stupid to understand that, Debian needs to throw them
out with force and distance itself from them as fast as they can, before Debian
loses the support of most of its female supporters and a large fraction of its
more woke male supporters.

It smells like these mentoring programs are fundamentally incompatible with
Debian's structure and culture.  The CEO of McDonalds had to resign for
something like this but Debian makes the excuse that DebConf is a social event.
 You circulate rumours about a mentor who wasn't even at DebConf for the last
two years but turn a blind eye to the real rogue behaviour.

The comments by RMS pale in comparison to what people are saying about Debian,
GSoC, Outreachy, groupies and casting couches at DebConf.  The actions of only
one or two Debian Developers can cast a shadow over all the interns.  Do you
think these women are a perk, like having free beers or fitness centers in your
silicon valley campuses? It is indefensible.

Is Debian nuts?

Mary-Anne