---- Original message ----
> From: Geert Stappers <stapp...@stappers.nl>
> To: debian-project@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: are Debian mentors nuts? the DebConf scandal
> Date: 28/12/2019 14:32:46 Europe/Paris
>
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 10:42:11AM +0100, Mary-Anne Wolf wrote:
> > I have been a financial supporter of Debian and FSF since... 2011
> > at least.  I first used emacs in... the 1980's I think it was.
> >
> > Way to drive away any female supporter of Debian and Libre software
> > generally, Debian! I really did think you were smarter than that.
> >
> > Look!  An intern, a recently completed intern or somebody on a diversity
> > bursary to DebConf who wants to apply for an internship CANNOT give
> > consent to sex.  That is why there is such a thing as statutory rape.
> > Thus, whether the young lady was presented herself as willing or whether
> > she was willing in any other sense, if she was there for those economic
> > reasons, she CANNOT have given consent to sex, so the sex MUST have
> > been rape as legally defined.
> >
> > Some of these women are very smart, smarter than many of the men here,
> > but they still come from a whole different world economically.
> >
> > Consent is an important concept.  People were so pedantic about
> > definitions of consent in the recent FSF scandal.  Why is Debian so
> > blind to this?
> >
> > If Debian mentors are too stupid to understand that, Debian needs to
> > throw them out with force and distance itself from them as fast as they
> > can, before Debian loses the support of most of its female supporters
> > and a large fraction of its more woke male supporters.
> >
> > It smells like these mentoring programs are fundamentally incompatible
> > with Debian's structure and culture.  The CEO of McDonalds had to resign
> > for something like this but Debian makes the excuse that DebConf is a
> > social event.  You circulate rumours about a mentor who wasn't even
> > at DebConf for the last two years but turn a blind eye to the real
> > rogue behaviour.
> >
> > The comments by RMS pale in comparison to what people are saying about
> > Debian, GSoC, Outreachy, groupies and casting couches at DebConf.
> > The actions of only one or two Debian Developers can cast a shadow over
> > all the interns.  Do you think these women are a perk, like having
> > free beers or fitness centers in your silicon valley campuses? It
> > is indefensible.
> >
> > Is Debian nuts?
>
> No,  Debian is not nuts.
>

> > Mary-Anne
>
> Seen the "report".  Please state what you expect that should get happen.

Why are some of the mentors still Debian Developer status and listed in the
mentoring team!

Two other DDs removed for typos and political realignment.
Rogue mentors keep their DD and mentor status.

Debian deems an LGBT gender-pronoun-fail more serious than a romantic liaison
with an intern???

Debian's Social Contract.  Transparency my arse.  Women can't see any justice
here.  I don't!

Debian, please release the reports and shift the community focus off the women
and back onto the men.

Mary-Anne