On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 7:09 PM Martin Steigerwald <mar...@lichtvoll.de> wrote:

> Dear Sam.
>
> Sam Hartman - 31.12.19, 15:37:09 CET:
> > folks, emotions are very high at the moment.  It would really help if
> > you could let the discussion die down.  If there are issues that you
> > need to address, please reach out to da-manager, the listmaster, DPL,
> > the community team, or anyone else who you think will hear you and
> > give you the help you're looking for.
> […]
> > We want to hear people even when they are very upset.  Similarly, we
> > don't want people to be provoked into being so upset that they cannot
> > be heard.
>
> How does that go together, Sam?
>
> > I'm hoping that we can all cooperate to take a step back, and get the
> > space we'll need to approach these issues in a sustainable manner and
> > build the community we want to live in.
> >
> > Again, if you're hurting now and something needs attention, reach out,
> > but preferably not on the list.
>
> Why not?
>
> How is going to say "I feel hurt about the outcome of the GR" –
> personally I am not even sure whether I do – or "I think the GR did not
> serve the highest good of Debian" or something like that which is
> *respectful* and within the bounds of Code of Conduct, suddenly not
> acceptable anymore?

I don't hold an opinion on which direction to go at least for now, but
I see a lot of mentions to Code of Conduct. Personally it doesn't look
like a good phenomenon that CoC is being mentioned all the way down
the path because it defines the bottom line of behavior which could be
referred when dealing with extreme cases.

Our community is always driven by consensus reached with polite
communications, even if some appeared to be hot debates. Having a CoC
is a good progress on the establishment of community procedures and
documents, but to the best of my knowledge it is not intented to be a
single point of failure that it makes up an impression of anyone is
encouraged to do anything that is "not prohibited by CoC".

Regards,
Aron