On 9/16/22 9:42 AM, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 08:47:19AM -0400, Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:
> > On 9/16/22 12:12 AM, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > > Well, sometimes bugs do sit around for a bit, yes; but you are presenting
> > > it in
> > > a much way that it makes the situation look worse than it actually is.
> > > The resolution is quick quite a few times (to my
> > > experience and I am a DD myself) but yes, sometimes they do sit around
> > > for a while.
> >
> > That's easy to explain why your bugs are fixed quickly. You are a DD, so
> > your
> > bugs are important. I am not a DD so my bugs are not as important to the
> > maintainers who have a greater responsibility to respond to a DD's bug than
> > to an unknown user's bug.
>
> That's a completely wrong interpretation that you are drawing here. No, that's
> not really the reason here.
> The reason is rather that people _do_ work on bug reports regardless of
> who reported them, but you somehow do not want to acknowledge the fact that
> package maintainers do work on bug reports.
>
> > That is the way it should be.
>
> No, that should not be that way, it'd be _very_ wrong. If that was actually
> the
> case we would be violating the debian social contract point 4
>
>       "Our priorities are our users and free software"
>
> > No problem here, and
> > please no one reply and say I am complaining. I am not. I am just seeing
> > how things work at Debian and I think they work fairly well.
>
> You are seeing it in completely incorrect ways.

> FWIW, even my bug reports have been lying to take actions for long times, so
> it is not just you.

What severity are they? The one I am talking about is marked
as important, I did not report it nor did I mark it as important,
but a kernel maintainer marked it as important. I want to help
close it, and some here seem to say I can help fix it, but others,
like you, do not want me to help fix it.

Best regards,

Chuck