On 3 Aug 2014 14:53, "Brian May" <br...@microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:
>> Django 1.7 final isn't even released upstream, and therefore, downstream
>> projects didn't even try to run against it. There *will* be issues we
>> will have to deal with. 85 packages is quite something. I'm ok, and even
>> welcome to *try* to make it before Jessie, though it is my view that
>> it's unreasonable to rush without taking care of possible breaking.

It will be released very soon now. They have released RC2, and I heard, as
of yesterday, there was only one blocking bug (I am at PyConAu).

Myself, I haven't seen anything in Debian that breaks, except for South.

>> So, let's try to do it as much as possible. But if it isn't, and we have
>> a non-negligeable amount of problems, and we can't make it before the
>> freeze date, let's have no hard feeling.

If we don't get this in wheezy, it will mean that the packages in wheezy
are obsolete before wheezy is even released, which will start to make
Debian irrelevant for me. I will continue having to maintain my packages
outside of Debian.

Once Django 1.7 is released, I will not be interested in maintaining my
South migrations any more.