On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 at 00:32 Thomas Goirand <z...@debian.org> wrote:

> You've only enforced *your own* policy, backed-up by only a small vocal
> minority, taking the rule to the extreme (ie: a few days before the Git
> migration, it's still not ok to start new projects using Git, according
> to you...).

According to the latest schedule I saw
https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2015/10/msg00030.html - and as far
as I am aware it is still current, the migration will happen today and
tomorrow (although that probably means a US based timezone, not my UTC+10,
so will be delayed from my perspective).

If this happens, as scheduled, I don't see any point in complaining.

If this isn't happening, maybe your complaint is valid.

I'm sorry, I (honestly) don't remember. Or are you mentioning the fact
> that I had to move my packages that were under Git to another team?
> Probably... Now, I've followed your orders not to use Git, General
> Piotr, so why complaining again?!?

Unfortunately, terms like "General Piotr" start looking like personal
attacks; not going to help your arguments.

For the record there are packages in DPMT that are already maintained in
git. Django comes to mind. I think there are others, can't think of the
package names off hand.

The sooner we can move all packages to the agreed git standards, the better.
https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging