I remember doing this pull request over a decade ago:

https://github.com/broadinstitute/xtermcolor/pull/12/files#diff-60f61ab7a8d1910d86d9fda2261620314edcae5894d5aaa236b821c7256badd7

to a project that used setuptools + something to download setuptools
to be able to use it.

I fail to see how that was in any way better than just using what was
in the stdlib.

Setuptools has always been a weird thing to possibly get rid of… and
why have 485 lines of completely unmaintained script to download
setuptools when distutils would do? Well I think the author just
followed some tutorial or guide at that time. But it was problematic
from the beginning that setuptools emerged. And now things are even
worse. Even if my post with the link to xkcd got removed from the
python discuss, the situation remains the same, with new things to do
the same thing being invented all the time.

Il giorno lun 3 giu 2024 alle ore 17:57 Paul Boddie

--
Salvo Tomaselli

"Io non mi sento obbligato a credere che lo stesso Dio che ci ha dotato di
senso, ragione ed intelletto intendesse che noi ne facessimo a meno."
                -- Galileo Galilei

http://ltworf.github.io