Am Sun, Jun 16, 2024 at 06:56:51PM +0200 schrieb Peter Wienemann:
> > What we could do if the idea of giving broad commit rights to newcomers
> > poses issues is to create a specific namespace in python-team for
> > newcomers. (then we'd need to have some migration plan and then oh dear)
>
> I agree with both of you that it would be good to encourage new contributors
> to put their Python packages in the Python team namespace.

ACK.  My personal policy is to sponsor only packages from some team
space in Salsa for various reasons, mainly because:
  1. The sponsee should feel connected to some team to make me as
     sponsor "replaceable" by other team members.
  2. Its way easier if I commit some slight changes to Git myself and
     write extensive commit messages than asking the sponsee to do
     change XY and move it to mentors again.

I'm fine with using some sub-namespace (never worked with this in other
teams but it might be appropriate here).

Kind regards
    Andreas.

--
https://fam-tille.de