Hello,

I am proposing the addition of Home Assistant, a Python-based smart home
platform, to Debian. Home Assistant requires extensive hardware integrations
and thus has a significant number of Python module dependencies.

Upon review, I've identified 666 Python modules required by Home Assistant
that are not yet available in Debian. As I am attending DebConf in Busan,
South Korea, I have chosen this as my DebCamp project. While it's a massive
undertaking and may seem ambitious, any contributions to this effort would be
greatly appreciated.

You can find the list of these dependencies here:

https://people.debian.org/~edward/ha/

I encourage anyone interested to join in helping to package these
dependencies.

Thank you!
--
Edward