¡Hola Maximiliano!

libkf5akonadisearch-plugins depends on libkf5akonadisearchcore5 which
depends on libkf5akonadisearch-bin so they all will be added as soon as
~-plugins is a depend of kmail.

> At the same time it's a feature that consumes a great amount of
> resources, particularly if you have GBs of Mails.
Well this is what KDE is a about - semantic desktop funcionality. And
the resources are needed once to make an index. After that it is much
less, no? But however - in Akonadiconsole you can easily delete the
akonadi_indexing_agent. If this is not working properly wouldn't the
right way be to write a bug report for Akonadi-Console?

And as I wrote - searching mails is not a nice-to-have sidefeature.
Especially if you have GiB of Mails. If someone is changing to kmail,
then it won't be because they search for something lightweight but for
something which can cope with complex tasks and has many possibilities
and is nicely integrated into their DesktopEnvironment.

If there is an option in the menu, which is not greyed out, people
expect it to function without hacking. This turns ot to be a nightmare:

* At first you need to be sure that it is not due to some false
preferences, so you need to look at every single menu item.
= let's say 1 hour
* Then, as your system is as complex as KDE is, you need to find out
wether there is other software involved, so you need to have a look in
the web.
= let's say another 1 hour (usually much more)
* In this search you found out there something like Baloo and Akonadi
and they are both somehow connected to searching stuff etc. So you need
to check wether they are working properly.
= at least 2 hours (as you don't perfectly know for what to look)
* Maybe then you will have found out there is something like the Akonadi
Console although you are not perfectly sure wether this is the right
thing plus there is a really nasty warning after you start it. Even then
it is not really obvious that a package is missing. So you start writing
a bug report checking old bugreports in the hope you'll find something.
= another hour went

And so on and so on and so on. In the end you spent at least one working
day just to be able to get a common menu item working. In the IRC I met
people who just used it without all the connected features since a year
because they just weren't lucky enough to find out at all.

But most people I know just stop using the software after step 1. Not
because they are stupid but because they have to earn money and have to
relax in their freetime to be able to earn money the next day.

So please, please, please:
Do not do this. That's unfair to a whole lot of people who are not as
skilled as you in hacking. Just write a bug report for the akonadi
console and remove the package for your own usecase. And add it as
dependency.

Thanks and warm greetings!
Maria

Maximiliano Curia: