¡Hola Maria!

El 2016-08-26 a las 20:30 +0200, Maria escribió:
libkf5akonadisearch-plugins depends on libkf5akonadisearchcore5 which depends on libkf5akonadisearch-bin so they all will be added as soon as ~-plugins is a depend of kmail.

libkf5akonadisearchcore5 only recommends libkf5akonadisearch-bin, which might be fine anyway, as by default recommends are installed. We expect that users that are not installing the recommended packages know what they are doing.

At the same time it's a feature that consumes a great amount of resources, particularly if you have GBs of Mails.

Well this is what KDE is a about - semantic desktop funcionality. And the resources are needed once to make an index. After that it is much less, no? But however - in Akonadiconsole you can easily delete the akonadi_indexing_agent. If this is not working properly wouldn't the right way be to write a bug report for Akonadi-Console?

We have different ideas on what KDE is about, the semantic functionalities have a love it or hate it experience for our users, so I'm more inclined toward options that makes them optional.

About akonadiconsole, I'm not sure if it's even considered a bug, that after removing the indexer, it's added back. Anyway it's been a while since I last tried this, the indexer is currently running in this machine.

So please, please, please:
Do not do this. That's unfair to a whole lot of people who are not as skilled as you in hacking. Just write a bug report for the akonadi console and remove the package for your own usecase. And add it as dependency.

Now I feel being nagged. :) We have known about the issue not long ago, we added some recommends (that haven't being uploaded yet) that should improve the main user experience while allowing the users that hate wasting resources in a feature they don't use to avoid it.

Happy hacking,
--
"Anytime you have a fifty-fifty chance of getting something right, there's a
90 percent probability you'll get it wrong."