Dear Ivo,

On Sun, 2017-04-30 at 20:01 +0200, Ivo De Decker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 12:41:51PM +0100, Ghislain Antony Vaillant wrote:
> > Please unblock package spyder
> >
> > A bugfix version of spyder has just been released (version 3.1.4). The
> > comprehensive changelog for this release is available here [1] and the
> > corresponding debdiff will be attached to this report. Packaging-wise,
> > the new release would allow us to drop two upstream patches from the
> > patch queue.
>
> This diff is huge, with a large number of different changes. There is no way
> this is suitable for an unblock request.

The content of the so-called "huge" diff comes mostly from the first-
time inclusion of the upstream changelog and some translation updates.

These changes are hardly sensitive as far as package maintenance is
concerned, don't you think?

> I'm closing this request.

That's unfortunate. Then, I guess I was lucky to convince Niels to
unblock spyder/3.1.3+dfsg1-1 a few weeks back.

I actually pinged Niels on IRC to check whether a new request for an
unblock could be potentially met with an approval, to which he replied
that I should give it a try.

> If you want to have targeted fixes for important bugs, please file a new
> request.

As explained in the body of the report, the rationales for the update
are to provide the latest bugfix release (which upstream is obviously
keen on) *and* to drop the patches that had been cherry-picked to close
important bugs affecting vanilla 3.1.3.

There are no important bugs registered in the BTS affecting the current
package as of today, so this update is purely motivated by convenience
from a user and maintainer's perspective.

Anyway, thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Ghis