Hello Emilio and others,

Le 23/06/2018 à 11:15, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort a écrit :>>
>> Not yet, sorry. been busy with other things!
>
> Hi Sylvestre, any progress with this? Would be nice to bump llvm-defaults so
> that we can start removing the old versions.I would like upload llvm-defaults
> to propose version 7 as default for a few reasons:
* llvm 6.0 upstream won't have a new upstream release
* I have been focusing my Debian effort on 7 for a while, so, packaging is a
much better shape
* libc++ & openmp have been merged into llvm-toolchain-7. We would be able to
remove libc++ and openmp;
Both had some significant improvements as they have been merged in the main
line.
* a few packages are already using 7 (Postgresql, rust 1.30 and soon Firefox,
which would make our life easier when we release)
* 7 should be in testing very soon (tm), still building on mipsel
* Remove everything but 6 & 7 from the archive to release with only two llvm
versions. (maybe one if we are very lucky? :)

Cheers,
Sylvestre