Hi Junichi,

you wrote (in #389903):
>> > Unfortunately apt-listbugs was neglected for such a long time that
>> > apt-listbugs in stable is broken without hope of repair.
>> >
>> > Please remove apt-listbugs package and then install after upgrade to
>> > sid is finished.

389903 submitter:
>> There is also the issue where the package for apt-listbugs does not
>> appear to be any different in Testing, as in Sarge. (running `aptitude
>> -t testing install apt-listbugs` made absolutely no difference).  Maybe
>> I should make this an RC bug?  A testing package which is broken?

N.B. this is because the apt-listbugs package does not exist in testing
(it was previously removed from testing due to RC bugs).

Junichi Uekawa:
> There is no point in making this bug report a RC bug.
>
> Backporting apt-listbugs to sarge may help.
>
> It was neglected for the past two years or so, and I've just been
> wading through the list of bugs for the past two weeks to get things
> remotely working.
>
> If you think apt-listbugs was working a few weeks ago, you were
> dreaming; what it showed you is a snapshot of bug reports back in May
> 2005 or something; since the job to update the indices was broken and
> nobody fixed it.

Should the apt-listbugs package be removed from stable since it's no
longer at all usable there?  (possibly with an announcement to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or something like that?)  CC'ing to
debian-release to see what the SRMs think.

best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Physics Department