On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:01:26PM +0200, Per Olofsson wrote:

> The bug #394018 against pcmcia-source was recently raised to
> serious. The bug is about the fact that pcmcia-source is not
> compatible with Linux 2.6 and therefore should be removed.

> In pcmcia-cs 3.2.8-9, I have removed this package. Unfortunately I
> forgot to raise the priority. Also, according to britney, pcmcia-cs is
> frozen for some reason.

It's frozen because all packages which build udebs are perpetually "frozen"
(requiring hand-approval by the release team).

> Could you please hint pcmcia-cs 3.2.8-9 in? Or alternatively, just
> remove pcmcia-source from testing?

It's not possible to remove individual binaries from testing directly.  Nor
would it be appropriate, when the binary would just be introduced by any
rebuilds (such as for a security update).

As for letting it in, I'm cc:ing the d-i RM for approval.

> Also, do I need to ask the ftpmasters to remove pcmcia-source from
> unstable, or will it be done soon by a script?

These removals are handled periodically by the ftp team; I've hinted that
this might be a good one to process sooner rather than later.

Cheers,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                   http://www.debian.org/