Hi Niels, release team and ftp-masters,

[dropping backports list for this reply, adding ftp-masters]

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 09:02:00PM +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Hi Security team and backports team,
>
> According to the release team's checklist we have the following TODO for
> you:
>
> """
> Check with security team and backports team that it is possible to build
> uploads for -security and -backports
> """
>
> To our knowledge, the relevant suites have already been created
> (#917537) and ask that you kindly smoke test them to ensure they work as
> intended.
>
>  * Please let us know when you have verified these relevant suites or if
>    you have any issues with them.

The easiest thing is still to do as in previous releases and prepare a
src:hello as follows (which have done locally):

 hello (2.10-1+deb10u1) buster-security; urgency=high
 .
   * Non-maintainer upload by the Security Team.
   * No-change test upload for buster-security

upload it, verify it get's correctly processed into the embargoed
queues, buildd's pick it up for build on all supported architectures.

Then the next step was to actually dak install it  and verify it
correctly land in the security archive.

But after that we have a hello/2.10-1+deb10u1 in the security archive.
Question to FTP master, can we just after this test dak remove the
package again and let forget the test version?

I'm asking  because Santiago, maintainer of src:hello raised concern
that we should not use src:hello for this final infrastructure test.
Obviously we otherwise can just fork it. But as package it has nice
characteristics as testpackage.

Regards,
Salvatore