On 9/30/2021 2:57 PM, Paul Gevers wrote:
Hi Chuck,

On 30-09-2021 18:15, Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:

... the debdiff I uploaded to BTS has UNRELEASED
rather than bullseye for the distribution field of the changelog,
and the new target version is ...deb11u1.1 instead of deb11u2.
That is how dch formatted the changelog when I generated
the debdiff. Let me know if I need to fix the debdiff filename and
changelog with a new debdiff that corrects those, and I will
upload it to 995...@bugs.debian.org.
You could indeed send a follow-up with a debdiff that fixes these issues
as that saves the stable release managers a round trip to you and less
brain power. You'd need to fix it locally anyways to actually do the upload.

Two notes:
1) https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2019/08/msg00000.html
(under "Workflow").
2) https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2021/09/msg00027.html

Paul

I will prepare the updated debdiff.

I understand I am asking for an exception to the Release
Team's first "usual" criteria for acceptance:

   * The bug you want to fix in stable must be fixed in unstable
     already (and not waiting in NEW or the delayed queue)

I don't know if they will be willing to make an exception. Probably
not before 11.1 comes out as I am sure they are busy dealing with
the upcoming point release. I do hope they will read my whole
report before deciding. What happened here is very unusual
for Debian, and IMHO Debian would not be renowned for
stability if it happened more often.

Chuck