Hi Shengjing,

On 11-01-2023 09:32, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
Please unblock package golang-1.19

But golang-1.19 is in sync between unstable and testing.

This is a point release for golang 1.19 which happens today.

I suspect you're asking for an exception as golang is on our toolchain list [0]? In *my* interpretation of the freeze date, you have until today to upload. (Yes, I know others in the team have argued differently on irc, we'll need to clarify that better next round). So, if you're quick you didn't even *need* to ask for an exception if you otherwise meet the criteria [1]. Please check and if you meet them, go ahead if you upload happens within 2 days.

+ Many Go packages still record Built-Using field, so this upload will block > Go packages from migration. Release team need to rebuild outdated
Built-Using.

I don't think it blocks migration (but maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean). But why hasn't this been fixed by now? Do you know if bugs have been filed?

   The Go point release or security release may happen several times during
freeze.
   What kind of release can be expected to be unblocked during freeze?

Again, it's written in [1]. Please let me know if there's something unclear.

But this bug report triggered me: did the golang security situation already improved during this release cycle. I may be misremembering, but I recall the problems on the security archive side haven't been fixed, have they?

Paul

[0] https://release.debian.org/testing/essential-and-build-essential.txt
[1] https://release.debian.org/testing/freeze_policy.html