Package: release.debian.org
Control: affects -1 + src:curl
Severity: normal

[ Reason ]
* Backport upstream patches to fix 5 CVEs:
  - CVE-2023-27533: TELNET option IAC injection
  - CVE-2023-27534: SFTP path ~ resolving discrepancy
  - CVE-2023-27535: FTP too eager connection reuse
  - CVE-2023-27536: GSS delegation too eager connection re-use
  - CVE-2023-27538: SSH connection too eager reuse still
* d/p/add_Curl_timestrcmp.patch: New patch to backport Curl_timestrcmp(),
  required for CVE-2023-27535.

[ Impact ]
None of the vulnerabilities are critical, but they have already been
fixed in buster and we should do the same for bullseye.

[ Tests ]
curl's testsuite didn't spot any regressions.
The same CVEs have also been fixed in buster already.

[ Risks ]
Regressions on TELNET, SFTP, FTP, GSS and SSH functionalities of curl.

[ Checklist ]
  [x] *all* changes are documented in the d/changelog
  [x] I reviewed all changes and I approve them
  [x] attach debdiff against the package in (old)stable
  [x] the issue is verified as fixed in unstable

[ Changes ]
Nothing besides the CVE fixes.
The patches were changed to apply cleanly on bullseye, all the changes
can be seen here:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/curl/-/commit/4adf0d7c4d47610336294d39f84a8360522a5936
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/curl/-/commit/b3dedba95658cea02405af32f0652f83d87f6eac
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/curl/-/commit/6909425ffa87e4c35730ecc2801ef40492239048
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/curl/-/commit/54e6a929643fe14160049ed8d1bda72dd34db9f7
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/curl/-/commit/19c382231a004b45b3096f72fb722f6df5d31902

[ Other info ]
I will be working on the latest CVEs that have been published for curl
but I'll push those fixes in a different upload.

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>