On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 04:14:31PM -0200, Goedson Teixeira Paixao wrote:

> I've upload gnotime 2.2.2-10 to sid a few days ago with the intention of
> getting it into Etch. I've now realised it won't be possible to migrate
> it into Etch through Sid because one of its dependencies (libqof1) is a
> newer upstream version in Sid. So I'm here asking permission to upload a
> rebuild of this revision against Etch libraries into
> testing-proposed-updates so that it can be released with Etch.

Why is the newer upstream version of libqof1 a problem?  There apparently
wasn't a shlibs bump, because britney doesn't report libqof1 as a blocker
for gnotime in unstable -- which means either there are no ABI changes in
that new upstream version, or libqof1 has an unfiled RC bug.

Separately, the changes to src/app.c seem pretty large, and I'm not sure I'm
comfortable including such an update; it looks to me like a rather large
diff for the fix described.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                   http://www.debian.org/