Hi,

On 2024-06-03 23:10, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 03:14:59PM +0200, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> > Since noble includes these changes and I'd get this done sooner rather
> > than later, how about moving forward with June 5th after 22:30 UTC (such
> > that all buildds have regenerated their chroots before the upload)?
>
> I got vaguely positive feedback from Paul Gevers on this date. Hence, I
> plan to upload after the June 5th mirror push and allocate time for
> handling unexpected fallout.
>
> dash, base-files and bash are fully migrated at the time of this
> writing. glibc migrated -11 and -12 still has 5 autopkgtest regressions.
> util-linux migrated -6, -7 has a piuparts regression and -8 hopefully
> gets tested soon. I hope that both migrate before the planned upload and
> will consult with the release team on whether to bump back or go ahead.

It would be really great if glibc can migrate before as it fixes an RC
bug. That said there are suspicions that it introduced bug #1072521, so
it might be worth investigating before it gets pushed into testing.
Unfortunately, on my side, I am unable to reproduce the issue.

> I have rebased and retested the patches in
> https://salsa.debian.org/helmutg/bootstrap-usrmerge-demo.
>
> Andrew, Aurelien, Chris, Matthias, Santiago: Any objections?

For glibc no objection.

> You may send me signed uploads (.dsc + source chanages) and I will
> otherwise move ahead with regular NMUs. If you send signed changes, I
> recommend encrypting them using my gpg key.

Please go ahead with a NMU. I wonder about experimental, do we want to
do the changes at the same time, or a bit after? Said otherwise is
moving files from /usr to /lib supported?

Regards
Aurelien

aurel...@aurel32.net                     http://aurel32.net