On 21/06/2024 07:25, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
Control: affects -1 + src:ocaml
User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
Usertags: transition

Dear Release Team,

I uploaded ocaml 5.2.0 to experimental, and it builds successfully on
all release architectures:

   https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ocaml&suite=experimental

I recompiled the OCaml world with it:

   http://ocaml.debian.net/transitions/ocaml-5.2.0/

At most 389 source packages are involved. A binNMU will suffice for
most of them. I've posted a summary there:

   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1073289#50

I think all problematic packages can be removed from testing. Bugs
have been filed:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=ocaml-5.2.0-transition;users=debian-ocaml-ma...@lists.debian.org

I hereby request a transition slot.

Assuming xen gets fixed, I checked if the rest could be removed:

$ dak rm -Rn -s testing approx cairo-ocaml camlimages camltemplate coinst cothreads cryptgps facile frama-c gd4o hlins hol-light lablgl ledit mcl14 misery mlpcap nproc ocamlagrep ocamlcreal ocaml-cry ocamldap ocamldsort ocaml-expect ocaml-gnuplot ocaml-inifiles ocaml-magic ocaml-merlin ocaml-obuild ocaml-reins ocaml-rope ocamlrss ocaml-stdcompat ocaml-tools pagodacf orpie pa-ounit planets pxp polygen sks wyrd xstr
[...]
Checking reverse dependencies...
# Broken Depends:
cappuccino: cappuccino
ikiwiki-hosting: ikiwiki-hosting-web [amd64 arm64 armel armhf i386 mips64el ppc64el s390x]
meta-ocaml: ocaml-libs

# Broken Build-Depends:
advi: libcamlimages-ocaml-dev (1:5.0.3 >=)
cappuccino: polygen
coccinelle: libstdcompat-ocaml-dev
kalzium: libfacile-ocaml-dev
pyml: libstdcompat-ocaml-dev (13 >=)

Not sure if all of those can also be removed (along with their reverse-deps, if any). At least kalzium is a key package, so it'd be good to get its (build-)deps fixed.

Cheers,
Emilio