On 11/07/24 at 07:00 -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> Salut Lucas,
>
> On 23 June 2024 at 13:09, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
> | On 2024-06-21 09:51:39 -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> | >
> | > On 21 June 2024 at 05:34, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> | > |
> | > | |

> version to

> 2.7, early
> the way it

> me, so
> package has a
> cleanly.
> | > | |
> | > |

> | > Ok, now with more coffee and after an early morning bike ride:
> | >
> | >   "No, how would I trigger this?"  Happy to help but will need a hint.
> |
> | https://wiki.debian.org/MassRebuilds has a few pointers, but
> | essentially one of the following:
> |
> | * You do them yourself with a tool like ratt or others.
> | * Contact Lucas do to it for you on AWS.
>
> Could I ask you for a favour and bulk test with this GSL 2.8 transition?
>
> Amicalment, Dirk (who was out traveling for two weeks so this fell a little
> to the side)

Hi Dirk,

Since we are only talking about approximately 294 source packages to
rebuild, isn't that something that you could do on your own machine?

Typically with sbuild and a setup-script that does:
#!/bin/bash
set -e -x
echo deb http://127.0.0.1:12990/debian experimental main >
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/experimental.list
cat <<-EOF > /etc/apt/preferences.d/pin
Package: src:gsl
Pin: release o=Debian,a=experimental
Pin-Priority: 999